Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High Feed Machining

Longbow

I was doing some G testing on the machine and I noticed if I had Highfeed set to Rough and Finish it would not be applied to the path. Also when I had just Finish on and cutter comp set to Wear, it would loop around some of the points in the path and basically trash the part. Watch your Backplot and double check paths and feedrates.

Michael,

I was testing on a pocket with several differant radii an diferant line lengths. I wanted to get a feel for how it was going to break the paths and see how much the decel feed rates were going to be. I turned CC on so I could run the same path in the same test piece several times, all I had to do was comp the tool out a liitle bit to recut the material. Thats when I noticed the bad path. Try making some test geometry and seeing what it does for you. We have V9.0 SP2 Level 3.

I have also found this to be true but as I understand Ccomp is not supported which is why you may be having the problems ?

I do agree with you. Comp "wear" should work as the path is the same as computer. This is why you may have been able to log this. It would be Cool! if it would work with wear. I would use it much more often. I will make inquiry.

Thanks,

Mike