Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Network

mpo

I don't know if this is the place to ask this question but I thought I would give it a try. We are running v8.1 Network version between multiple toolrooms. I thought that the new network version would be great but it has been nothing but a headache. When first installed the network version ran fairly good but now one of our toolrooms can not access a license through the network. Has anyone else experienced problems with the network version? I know I leave a lot unanswered here but I thought I would see if anyone came up with something I haven't tried. Any suggestions are appreciated. Servers are Windows 2000 and clients are Windows NT4.

Hi,

Our Nethasp solution is running really well. There are a few things to watch out for:

• install it as a SERVICEon the server machine.
  • restart the service
  • make sure that ALL client machines are actually Logged to the network.
  • We've had the best performance using
  • Can your client machines ping their target server?

tcp/ip protocol. try that. Set it up in /Mcam8/nethasp.ini

• Can your client machines ping their target server?

Do you have separate toolrooms accessing different servers? Make sure that you've got the server names/IP #'s correct in the nethasp.ini on each machine. I ask this question because i read the following in your post:

quote:

Any suggestions are appreciated. Servers are Windows 2000 and clients are Windows NT4.

HTH

-Keith

Our license manager is installed as a service on the server.

The client machines can ping the server without a problem.

The IP#'s are all in the nethasp.ini file.

James, according to our Network Analyst our toolrooms are not on the same subnet but they are on the same subnet mask.

Thanks, MPO

I can't remember the exact wording without going over there and trying it again but it was something like "can not access a level 3 license, nethasp not found". I will try to get hte exact error message this afternoon.

When you say see the servers I am not sure what you mean. I can map a drive to the server from the clients that have problems. Once again thanks for the responses. If anything it makes me think about areas that may not have been considered.

Thanks, MPO

If you are using a microsoft network then just click thru Network Neighborhood on (bad) machines desktop. click up and down the tree and look for the specific machine that is the NetHasp server. This wont help the problem per-say but will help troubleshoot. Especially if you cant find the sever on the network. Keep in mind this is a little different than clicking START/FIND/COMPUTER.