Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DIRECTION button in 3D toolpath at feed rate not plunge rate?

MetalFlake

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

No, no, no... no sarchasm. I was smiling because I thought it would be an obvious choice as a solution.

From the Operations Manager, right click on the toolpath you want to alter. You'll see s rectangular box pop up in the lower right hand corner. You'll see a point and a pass check box(not sure of terminology), you are going to want to change a point. Click through the points until you get to the point you want to change the feed rate at. Then select Edit, and Edit point. There you can change the feed rate. Be sure you change everything you ned to change because one you exit, it will lock your toolpath. Once the toolpath is locked you can't change anything unless you unlock it, then you'll need to make another change.

HTH

James,

I have been going nuts trying to get it to work, maybe I am missing something? I can make it work perfect on pocket and contour toolpaths though. I contacted tech support and they were not able to make it work either.

What's up? I think that it used to work in ealier versions.

So.. can you make it work in sp2 or mr0304 on a surface milling app?

Thanks James,

Mike

James!, I checked it out and you are correct! Thanks

I have never tried changing the feedrates with "direction" before, just on a section of code.

I am going to go back and try it again. What I always want to do is change the feedrate on a pass or something. I will post later.

As always, thanks for the help,

Mike

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I use direction to turn cutter comp on for surface toolpaths so I can make smooth blends by comping, then I change the feed rate to come in slow. It's a GREAT tool if used properly.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yep. Kinda tedius huh? It would b enice to be able to add it globally but I can see the complexity of that type of situation where it would not be a good situation.