Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Lathe Tool

LNDCAD

I am having a problem creating a custom face groove tool. I have searched the forum and found some answers but I am still having a problem. I have posted two files (Custom Tool and Simple Custom Tool) to the Material and Tool Library folder on the ftp site. I am trying to create a custom turning tool that can be used to rough and finish a profile. The Simple Custom Tool was just created to work through my problems. The Custom Tool is the actual form I need to use. I am able to save the tools, and use them to groove, but not to follow a contour (rough or finish). I created them as custom tools, and selected general turning tool type. Also, once the tool is created, when I try to edit the tool and change the clearance values of the form geometry, it appears the window flickers to another window, but then nothing happens. I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance for your help.