Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need help downloading to milling machine

Farny

Phil, I tried your settings and nothing happens. No errors or nothing. The machine says timeout after a few minutes. I change the data and stops bits or any other config. It says error parity again. Your config is the only config. that doesn't give me parity error though. weird. I am ordering new cable now and wait to see it that is it. Do you think that the settings should be different on both ends? Thanks. Jeremy

SUCCESS!!!! Thanks to all who helped. Phil your settings were correct and that was part of my problem. The only thing different with your settings on the machine end was the protocol level needed to be set to 1 to receive. The 1 means software handshake. The other problem I was having was to send to a cincinnati I had to insert a null at the beginning and end of the transmission through cimco. It was 0000000000000000 at he beginning and 000000004000 at the end. The guy Greg at Shopfloor Automation that I talked to about the cable is the one who figured out the null at the beginning and end of program that made it work. Also the delay before the line is important. The longer the program the longer the delay. Thanks for the link storkman to the cable those guys at Shopfloor automation knows their stuff. I highly recommend them for anything. thanks again to all.

Glad to hear it worked. I had a lot of problems myself with drip feeding the cinci. When the buffer was empty and the last line read was an M30 or M02, the program would stop right there, so I couln't use that code to end the program.

Good Luck, and I'll be happy to help with anything else. Just give me time cause I'm swamped at work.

Phil