Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DMG - DMC 60 T

wtsylvester

We have a 70V '5'Axis and the 60P '4'Axis which as you say can take care off all 2d work with there in built fixed cycles but when it comes to any 3d programs or complex 5 Axis stuff not just chamfers then Mastercam comes into its own. However even though the shop-floor can handle simple drill programs etc human error can still play a part so for complex drill patterns slots & pockets etc we tend to still use Mastercam.

Alan,

I saw the 60t at ImTS... very impressive.

I'm looking at the 5 sided aspect of it more than the 5axis.. we may be picking up some work which would be ideal for it.

The sales team there pretty much says it's all in the control, no need for solid models or cam in general.. but then they are salesmen smile.gif

Newcastle ehh.. I spent some time in East Anglia,

Go have a Nukie brown ale for me after work smile.gif

Cheers

So I take the machine are reliable. Don't break down very often.

Real shame that where I work they really don't want to even check it out.. Have these part headed our way > could pair them up..bag the 2 edges, pairing makes 4 and 1 face.

would eliminate a good deal of fixturing also would give the mold people the 5 axis machine they have been wanting for quite some time.

But since they can get another Mori for 70k less thats what they are looking to do.Hmmm save 70k on the machine just to drop more on tooling, OT etc. bonk.gif