Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Home and Reference Positions

MetalMarvels

I am using a multi-face toolpath on an x-axis oriented rotary with the MPMASTER_FADAL.pst on a vertical Fadal. I wished to set up a "safe" toolchange position since the part is taller in two of the positions than some of my tools (at the toolchange Z-height). After reading up on the Home Position and Reference Postion buttons - I ended up using the Reference Position, since it outputs the expected code.

My questions deal with the Home Position button on the Tool Parameters Tab. This button does not appear to "ship" anything to the post (Reference Positon does ship data in the expected way). I would have expected the Home Position to work exactly like the Reference Position - except that it would use only one point.

Questions:

1. Does the Home Position button "connect" at all to the MPMASTER_FADAL.pst? (I have not been able to see any code output changes at all)

2. What are the variables in use by the Home Position button for a post that does use it?

3. Why do the two buttons exist if the Reference Position button would serve for both functions?

[ 11-02-2004, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: MetalMarvels ]

I use both. I always use the home position as my control uses G92 for part reference. If I'm going in to a part that I can't get over and I have to get around it, then I use Reference in and out. Sometimes actually could use about four different reference positions, to work my way in to tight situations.