Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

graphics/Win2000/crashing

I have added some info to this topic.

I have a need to install "ENTRY" version 6.13A on a new P3 machine to support legacy data. My problem is that when I launch Mastercam I get a black screen and then Win2000 re-boots. I think it's graphics related because on my older P2 machine I was able to run version 6.13A under Win2000.

Could it have something to do with ENTRY not using opengl ???? I tried an install of Mill6 and found that there is an option for opengl and ENTRY does not have this option.

I downloaded different drivers and still no luck. Detonator exe file would not install

Card = Gloria Synergy II 32MB

Original driver = Nvidia Riva TnT 09/30/99

New Driver = Elsa 7.5.8.0

Thank you in advance.

[This message has been edited by Carl Lever (edited 07-25-2001).]

sounds like it must be that i have 6.13,7.2c & 8.1.1 running on my Win2000 system and have no problems and it is a pIII 1gig along with my Travel box that is a PIII 800 running the same way and know problems.

on the 1gig i have a 3dlabs card on the travle box 32meg forgote brand running the Nvidia drivers.

So you went to there site to get the lattest drivers & still no luck you say?

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

web: www.ppcadcam.com

-------------------------

Carl,

You may want to point out that you are running Entry v6.13a. Back in those days it was a different EXE (no?)!

Just my two cents...

Brad McIntosh

CNC Automation

Note: Mill 6.13a runs fine on my Celeron 500MHz laptop with (gasp!) an ATI Rage Pro video card. Runs fine with 7.x and 8.x too!

------------------

Brad McIntosh

CNC Automation

If you still have a hunch that it's the video card. Did you download the latest nVidia Detonator3 drivers or the drivers from Elsa? Maybe try the Detonator drivers to see if that fixes the prob. If that doesn't, have you considered the compatibility modes that Windows 2000 offers?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I was just gettting ready to say that I've had no problems running 6.13a on my PIII-800 and that he may want to run the HASP Utility (mill6Hasp60.exe)and see what it says. But, alas I've come too late.

------------------

James M. ;)

Mastercam Enthusiast

THE ONE MINUTE VIDEO CARD TEST SEQUENCE

If a user suspects video problems in Windows 2000, it is easy to test. Go into the "Advanced" settings of your "Display" Control Panel item, and turn the acceleration down to "None" (on the "Troubleshooting" tab). If Mastercam works properly after applying these settings, then you can blame the video card and/or drivers.

If Mastercam still has problems, they are not caused by the video card. Look elsewhere for solutions (patches, HASP, system stability, etc.)