Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Another Post Question

g huns

I am a new user to MC can someone give me a post for... Just kidding biggrin.gif Anyhow, I want to make the first line of my program look like this-

G92 G70 X(start point)Y(start point)

Can one of yous point me in the right direction. I am using a modified YASNAC.PST for this. Thanks.

Not 100% sure about this but here goes.

I think to do something like that the post would have to read through a toolchange. pheader gets posted before the toolchange. I think you would have to preread the nci and reap your xy from 1st tool change and buffer that infro or subout and merge latter on.

Thought # 2. Fix a custom drill cycle and pick that point for the very 1st op.

,e = end of line carriage return

Just because you want this position output “as the first line of your program" does not mean you must output it in PHEADER. That is defiantly doing it the hard way! The first X,Y position in the program is easily available in PSOF.

If there you have information being output in PHEADER than needs to be output after this initial G92 G70 X(start point)Y(start point) block, just relocate the code in PHEADER into PSOF.

Add these diagnostics lines into PSOF and you'll see the (start) X,Y coordinates.

code:

psof          #Start of file for non-zero tool number             

"*{psof}-> x = ", *x, e #<diagnostics>

"*{psof}-> y = ", *y, e #< diagnostics >