Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ftp site....

biss03

It works for me. Make sure all of you WindowsXP SP2 users who are using IE to access the FTP site have Passive mode disabled (to do that in IE go Tools | Internet Options -> click on the Advanced tab -> scroll down while looking for "Use Passive FTP" and uncheck it).

Nothing works for me!

Ive tried the passive ftp in internet settings, contacted our administrator,he contacted his boss. His boss tried to get on and couldnt, and concluded they need to go through whoever does our networking. All claiming firewall! When I got home I can get on there. Only problem is I dont have mastercam there, so it dosnt do me good. Why do I feel everyone sees the ftp site but me?

Someday I get in there...

Brian

quote:

All claiming firewall! When I got home I can get on there. Only problem is I dont have mastercam there, so it dosnt do me good. Why do I feel everyone sees the ftp site but me?

Then there's a good chance that it's the firewall wink.gif Perhaps someone in charge of the firewall has TCP traffic on port 21 disabled (you need that enabled to access FTP sites).

Thanks Bullines,

I contacted our administrator, and hes taking the info to our networking division.I was getting kind of frustrated wondering if I was the only one with the problem. It seems everyone just unchecks the ftp passive in their internet settings and they are in. Now I have something else to try.

Thanks again,

Brian

hey bullines,

at home i have norton internet security, which i believe has a firewall of some sort..what would i have to do since i would be considered the administrator..when i do the passive thing, nothing happenens...should a person reboot right away or is that not necessary...seems like i'm having same trouble as kannon123...

dan

quote:

at home i have norton internet security, which i believe has a firewall of some sort..what would i have to do since i would be considered the administrator..when i do the passive thing, nothing happenens...should a person reboot right away or is that not necessary...seems like i'm having same trouble as kannon123...

NIS should open TCP port 21 by default. I haven't used it in ages so I can't walk you through opening the port again. As a test, try disabling NIS and see if you can log in.

• 3 weeks later...