Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

geometry in level manager

mike.b

i always seem to end up with entities in the level manager that arent on the screen and wont delete by using delete...all...level... is there some way to purge them? drives me nuts when i am organizing my drawings. i have a feeling this has something to do with importing iges.

Turn on only the levels you want to delete. screen should be blank. main menu, screen, blank unblank, all entities. now you can delete anything you want. if you have parent surfaces, then you may delete surfaces you have on other levels. best thing is to pick an unused level, like 255, and move all the unblanked entities to it. then blank all of them.

Play around with the blanked entities some. Most are 'Parent' entities that cannot be deleted without losing something you need.

Also, do a search on 'blanked' or 'moving blanked entities', this has been covered quite well several times.

HTH

i found the entities with unblank and got the associated entities warning so i will put them on a layer out of site. thanks guys. hey bertau i am transferring to your area in one month or so from canada. the shop is in oxnard but ventura looks like a much nicer place to live.

Hey Mike, give me a call when you get close!! Can you tell me which shop?? Looking forward to meeting you, maybe I can show you around.

Ventura IS a nice place to live, Oxnard is more affordable; (choke, choke), bad word, 'affordable'.

Good luck!!! smile.gifsmile.gif

cheers.gifcheers.gif

i am the programmer for larrivee guitars. there is a shop here in vancouver and the one i am moving to in oxnard. we use mastercam to program 2 fadals down there.

this is all hinged on the work permit of course idea.gif i would love to check out what you are doing and also give you a tour of the shop. i hear there is a good brewpub in ventura cheers.gif have a good weekend.