Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ver 8.1 final production release

moraadim

If you have upgraded to 8.0, you can get an 8.1.1 CD by contacting your dealer. This should be free, or maybe a nomimal charge for shipping.

You can install this over your current 8.0. It will not overwrite the mill8.cfg file.

The only caution is if you have .pst files that are the same name as those on the CD (ex: mpfan.pst Not a good idea if they've been changed at all). In that case, backup your posts first, and when the sys prompts to add more post, select No.

Dear Bullines,

We bought v8 Final of MasterCAM and

upgraded it to v8.1 via our reseller.

But now it's not feasible for us to

upgrade to v8.1 because of some problems

in mailing system of country.

Unfortunately the only way to upgrade is

either going abroad to contact him , which

we can't afford it right now, or download those files.

We shall be very grateful if you can

help us getting the upgrades.

I can give you the password of my

mailbox if it's of any use.

thanks,

M Moradi.

quote:

We bought v8 Final of MasterCAM and

upgraded it to v8.1 via our reseller.

But now it's not feasible for us to

upgrade to v8.1 because of some problems

in mailing system of country.

I'm a little bit confused by your post. Do you have 8.0 and want to upgrade to 8.1, or do you have 8.1 and want to upgrade to 8.1.1?

If you already have 8.1, you can download the patches to update to 8.1.1 from the following locations:

Design: ftp://206.231.172.100/FTP/d81-811rel.exe

Mill: ftp://206.231.172.100/FTP/m81-811rel.exe

Lathe: ftp://206.231.172.100/FTP/l81-811rel.exe

Wire: ftp://206.231.172.100/FTP/w81-811rel.exe

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I guess I'll be the one to point this out. This was found on the US Dept. of Commerce's Website.

quote:

The United States maintains comprehensive economic embargoes against Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya and Sudan (five of the seven countries designated by the Secretary of State as state sponsors of international terrorism).

In a nutshell, I cannot and will not help you obtain state of the art CAD/CAM Programming software because it is sxpressly prohibited. See the link below and searrch for CAD/CAM and for CNC and you will notice these are expressly prohibited for export to your nation sir.

Chapter 4 Anti Terrorism Controls.

Good Day,

[ 10-31-2003, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The EU has the same restrictions too.

Most countries in the world have similar trade restrictions. India was recently added bacause they began lighting off Nukes and refused to sign a nuclear non-proliferation treaty.

It's a dangerous world we live in folks.

Hi Dear James,

Thanks for the quote and your great help to solve the problem of one of the users of state of the art CAD/CAM Programming Software "MasterCAM".

We use MasterCAM to produce molds for automotive industry and home appliances and we don't think it's related to intl terrorism at all . Do you?

But be sure other members will help and with their expressed or implied help we can keep running that state of the art software .

wink.gif

Again thanks for your quote,we appreciate your expriences in CAD/CAM and computer knowledge but please be more helpful .

Moradim.

MasterCAM User

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

moraadim,

It is absolutely positively nothing personal. I could care less where you live and work but my government and the governments of numerous other countries in thw world do care about some of the "causes" that some Governments have chosen to take up. That is why I posted on this topic.

In my opinion MasterCAM is state of the art. You can always program manually biggrin.gif, but really CAD/CAM is critial to manufacturing in this day and age and many governments have also concurred that CNC and CAD/CAM are necessary to produce some things that may not be in the best interest of the world at large so they have limited the export of those items.