Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotated Tplane Values Off by .001

BK

Great subject line, huh?

I have a question for people using Mcam for rotary axis work.

If I want to create tool plane that is rotated from a standard (say Top plane for example) I make sure the Top plane is active, select the Tplane button and then pick rotate. If I give it a rotate the "Y" up 30 degrees I will then save that work plane to use when making toolpaths.

The question I have is that my posted code values are always off by .001 degrees (I know, who cares) but it seems odd that is always off by that same amount. I mean it will post an "A" value of 30.001?

Is there a post setting I am missing or has anyone else had this same situation.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

BK,

It seems like there might be a format statement in the post that is forcing the ouptut of angle values to the thousandth of a degree. Or it could be a "rounding issue". Either way, you should contact your reseller and ask them to give you an estimate on the amount of work necessary to modify your post so it will only output what you need. HTH cheers.gif

I'm using the MPmaster post. I was just wondering where it might be picking up the value. I'll try some other posts to see if I can find one that doesn't do this.

Thanks for the tips, if I can't nail this down I will send it to MC and see what they find.

Bob

Update, I tried using the MPfan post and created some rotated Tplanes.

When I posted code, it had the correct (45.) value for this plane but on a 30 degree plane it also outputs 30.001?

Pretty strange, I am going to setup a test program with several rotated planes to see if I can determine what is happening with the index values.