Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post mods

Mark C

Hello all,

Gotta couple of questions about posts.

I just started at a small shop that has v7.2 mill. We were planning to get V8.1, but the local rep said V9 will be out in a couple of months. Waiting seems like the financially responsible thing to do

Sooo.....

Is it possible to use the dandy MPMaster post with V7.2 with some mods?

I used V8 and in a previous job and really liked the things that the MPMaster could do.

Also is it possible to define a different type of comment?

What I would like to do is enter all the setup instructions in the beginning of the program file and have them show up in only the setup sheet and not the NC file while allowing the comments for each tool operation to remain in the NC file.

Is this asking too much? Ireally want to make things to be as foolproof and as automatic as possible

Thank You in advance

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: Mark C ]

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: Mark C ]

I'm using the .set one

About what time next year?

My boss thought it would be about the first of the year.

He said if I wanted it he would get it, but if I could get along with V7.2 for another few months that would be better.

business is booming but we are a small shop (9 kitamura verticals) that could use the money in better ways if it were available

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Mark,

Forget waiting, get V8 NOW. When V8 was Beta (in September also) it was May before the production release was out. Granted, V8 to V9 is not as big of a jump as V7 to V8 so, I'm going to say you'll be waiting until March for that V9 to show up on your doorstep. If your boss is hell bent on waiting though, I feel bad for you. biggrin.gif

Why do people procrastinate so long to get software upgrades? V8 has saved so much time over V7 in surfacing applications. Time is money right? If you're using Version 7 and doing surface machining it costing you money, it's still good software, don't get me wrong but, the new features with associativity too, I can make relatively major changes in a few mouse clicks or a few minutes as opposed to maybe as long as a half hour. Basically it comes down to one thing IMHO, $. Spend the $$$$ so you can make $$$$$$$!

Don't bother trying to use a V8 post in V7. It's also tough to recommend posts for V7 knowing what we know of V8. Mpmaster existed for V7, but was thrown in the garbage when subprogram support was added in for V8. The WCS methods also radically changed. Putting the effort in to V7 post mods, with plans to go to V9 would be a waste. V8 to V9 should be a much gentler post transition. (My fingers are crossed.)

[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]