Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G-code for renishaw mp3

Pascal Dubois

You should have gotten a Renishaw programming book with your probe and machine. You should be able to get one from Mazak if you didn't.

Bigger question is how is your machine set up? Check your program directory for probe programs. Should be in the "9000" series. In order to use the probe in G-code, you'll need these. If not, then you didn't get the probe programs for G-code. If its possible that someone may have deleted these, then check your parameters for user M codes and G codes. I think its a 'J' parameter. you should see stuff for things like G101, G113, G119 etc. and then some program numbers. If not, then you're stuck with programming the probe in Mazatrol for the time being. Try your dealer to get the install software, or maybe you have one and it wasn't installed?

quote:

And to know this what a G300U2T18....

This looks like you downloaded a Mazatrol program in ISO format. You can program like this somewhat. Some of these G codes and layouts are explained in the Mazatrol programming book. But this is for conversational programming and not G-code. If you upload this into your control, you'll see a Mazatrol program, not G-code (EIA/ISO). I've done some programming editing like this, but this can get real funky,... real fast.

cheers.gif

My limited experience with mazak indicates reduced

functionality when using "ISO" aka G codes.

G codes worked for me as I needed portability between machine tools but a lot of the cooler functions worked in the native language

I recall an optional Post Procssor avalable that speaks Mazatrol

Charlie

New Deli weatherman Luke Ottavindo

G65P9853B3 will auto measure length and diameter and place the result into the tool data screen.

G65P9853B1 will do length only.

Tool auto measure and semi auto measure via MDI takes care of everything else.

All zero set devices are in your Mazatrol programming options - these are very intuitve and should not need introduction. IE: Just do it - everybody else does and Mazatrol will take care of it all.

If you find the MP3probe booklet very little useful information is in this; look in your Mazatrol programming manuals and these will sample and identify the macros and variables used.

As experienced with these controls as I am, I myself would not entertain Gcode programming this probe feature.

Where is Alma , qc ?

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack