Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NHSRVW32.EXE as a service

EricSabo

We are trying to get NHSRVW32.EXE to run on our windows 2003 Standard server as a service, so we have better control of stopping and starting the license server. Has anyone ever did this? We just don't want to leave an user account log in all the time to run this executable.

In your C:NETHASPSERVERLM_SETUP_WIN32 directory, you will have a program called LMSETUP.EXE (there is another version in the basic c:nethaspserver directory, but it appears to be an older version).

If you run LMSETUP.EXE, you will have the option of installing the licence manager software as a service.

Make sure the NHSRVW32.EXE isn't already running and have Administator privileges when you install.

For future reference for anyone finding this page via a search, note that when I did this on Windows XP, I had to setup the service program (NHSERVICE.EXE) as an exception to Windows Firewall, otherwise I could not run Mastercam locally on the Server itself.

Oh, and welcome to the forum Eric! cheers.gif

Yes, I've tried using that one as well, and I can say that it worked on my system just fine.

But there is no installation software there; you could add it into the Registry I guess, or you may know how to add that as a service using a function inside Windows (I don't know of a way of doing it, but I'm no hardcore network administrator...)