Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

nc file extension

camguy

Ok I will put it on the FTP in the Unspecified folder.

Rename.exe is the filename. Just drop it in your NC dir or whatever folder you are sending your NC files.

When the window comes up, drag your mouse and highlight the files you wish to change and click ok.

Enjoy

EDIT

OH ya Rekd, I forgot you could change the extension in MC.......it was the whole filename I was having problems with.

• 11 months later...

I had a similar problem. Machines on our UNIX file server would not recognize files in upper case. I Googled "change to lower case" and found a free shareware program that works well and allows many other renaming options http://www.altarsoft.com/all_file_renamer....action=download (note: set your shortcut Start in: directory to your posted code directory so you don't have to click though the whole directory structure to rename.)

or you can create a batch file in notepad or any other text editor that has the line: rename *.NC *.nc Copy the batch file to the nc code directory and run it to change the extension case.

I have a post that has to output with a .ANC extension. The statement I added was:

code:

sextnc$ ANC 

That should work for you if you substitue nc for ANC.

If you don't have X leave off the dollar sign.

This also works for subprograms. The command then would be sextsub.