Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X chaining

g huns

When trying to chain a simple rectangle countour, how do I get it to chain the entire perimeter by just clicking the firts entity in the chain? I clicked on the c-plane selection and I still have to select each entity. I have played with the chain and plane tolerances with no luck. At one point I had a annoying little box that said verify and had a forward and back arrow on either side and a check mark in the middle. I had to click the check mark after each entity I selected curse.gif . Closing and reopening the file made it go away. I'm sure there is a stupid simple setting somewhere, I just can't find it.

Tried that too Randy. When I hold shift a box pops up that says branch point reached and as I hold shift the box kinda flickers. I know when I first started playing with X it chained just fine, as I start to get cocky and tweak some settings I must have messed something up.

• 1 month later...

Ok Jay better late than never. Got most of my chaining issues under control with one exception. I put a file in there called gregschain.mcx. When I chain a contour for a tp or analyze or whatever else that opens the chain manager all is good. Anything I want to chain that uses the general selection box don't. Deleted duplicate entities first just to make sure. Tried holding shift, that does'nt work either. Went between 2d and 3d, no dice. In this file I'd like to chain the boundary of my runner and move it to a different level or just change the color of it. This is a real simple part with not too many entities in the chain so I could just manually pick them, but I frequently get real nasty parts that pickin idividual entities won't cut it.

when trying to select that chain push the "all"

button on the General Selection ribbon bar, then when that opens up look near the bottom and make sure that the plane mask is marked on. this worked here it grabbed the whole chanin except the very end chain that is off the block ,with 1 more click that was in there too

Dave