Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new domain user cannot read dxf files

pyrocelli

Hoping some of you network gurus out there can help me.

We were running Mastercam on a peer-to-peer network with each copy installed locally on the machine (Win2000 Pro and XP Pro) The files saved to a dedicated pc we loosely called the server. All was well. Installed new server hardware with Windows 2003 server and set up a new Client/Server network with domain last night. When user logs in to local machine all still runs perfect, but when logging in to the domain Mastercam launches fine but will not open any DXF files, just errors out and crashes...But it will open parasolids just fine. Anyone have a clue for me?!? I seem to be fresh out.

Pete-

Thanks for the reply. Nope, file view was set to details already. Must be a MC setting tho, as we are able to create a dxf file and save it to the desktop. We can open this file without problem in solidworks. Just cant get file to open in MC. Or any other dxf from the server either for that matter. Stumped. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Pete-

When logged into the domain:

Yes, we can open other file types stored on the server with MC.

No, we cannot open DXF files at all (either from the server or the local hard drive)using MC.

BUUUUUUT>>>

When logged into the domain, we CAN open those same dxf files using solidworks...both from the server and the local hard drive.

When logged into the WORKGROUP(local machine was my wording...probably what confused you-sorry) rather than the domain, its all good.

BULLINES-

I will give your suggestion a shot now....sounds promising.

Thanks to you both...will update you shortly.

Bullines-

Domain user does have full rights to the directory (9.1-havent taken the plunge to X yet). MC crashes upon making a dll call to ntdll.dll when trying to load the dxf file. Have tried reinstalling MC9 on the machine with same results. Tried mapping file extension .dxf to "open with" MC but the .dxf extension was grayed out and did not allow me to edit it.