Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX won't start, MCGeomSLD; problem

4xxx4

I just installed MCX the other day and have been getting used to it but now it won't open.

All I get is an error box that says "MCGeomSLD; cannot load resource DLL"

I haven't migrated anything yet but have set up the package for a lathe seat (as default) and made a few environment adjustments to the icon bars. Nothing that should cause me a problem like this.

Anyone got any ideas? headscratch.gif

In what folder was X installed? Is there a Resources sub-folder there? Is MCGeomSldRes.Dll in that sub-folder?

When you say you "set up the package for a lathe seat" do you mean that you edited the properties of the icon for launching X? If so, what is in the "Start in" field? It should match the folder you installed X in.

We installed it to E:mcamx and that folder is where MCGeomSLD.DLL is. I did a search for the MCGeomSLDRes.dll and the computer found it in E:mcamxrouterresources. Should I move it to a different location?

When I set up the package for a Lathe seat I adjusted the defaults to come up in Lathe when started. Things like the default grid DZ plane and what/where the icons should be (appearance). I didn't touch the icon properties or anything concerning the system as far as I know.

The "start in" path is correct and refers to mcamx correctly where it is installed on the "E" drive.

4xxx4,

quote:

I have MC9 on drive C and it is real full with only 500mgb free.

What are the specs for the system. Is it an older system? Does it meet the requirements for running Mcam X? Did you have administrative permission while installing the software? Was any virus scan software enabled during installation? What type of HASP is it? Was it tested to verify that it is a HASP 4 instead of HASP 3? Have you spoken with your reseller and explained this situation to them? We're here to help but we may need more details before we can nail this one down. BTW, welcome to the forum. smile.gif

P2 333 w/256mg of ram. 4gb disc :C 8gb disc E:

Our administrator installed it and it worked fine for a few days. I don't believe he would have had the virus software running because he usually shuts it down when installing stuff (I've seen him at work)

The haspinfo exe. says it's a hasp 4 and doesn't need to be exchanged.

I'm slated for a new computer and should have a better box in the near future but I would like to get going with MCX if possible right now. cuckoo.gif

Thanx for the welcome!! cool.gif

4xxx4,

quote:

P2 333 w/256mg of ram. 4gb disc :C 8gb disc E:

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif I don't think anything less than a P4 will be supported for Mcam X. Check the Minimum requirements for running X. There's a PDF file in the E:/mcamx/documentation folder named "MastercamXInstallation_Guide". This guide has a section on System requirements. That guide also comes as a hardcopy book with the Mcam X package you received from your reseller. Show that to your IT guy and make sure those requirements are met. Until then, I don't recommend attempting to run Mcam X. Use V9 until you get the new computer. I would also discuss it with your reseller to see if there are any graphics cards they can recommend. There is some information on this website but it may not be up to date with Mcam X. Good luck. cheers.gif

We repaired it from the installation disk and it now works - it even looks just like I left it. I'm still wondering what caused the problem though......

I know I'm nowhere near minimum system requirements but I don't have real complex files to work from right now. That will change in the short future and so will my system hopefully.

Thanx everyone for the help!!!!