Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Defaults in version 8

Bill K

Just found out about this list. My question, in v7 you could set the defaults and they would always stay the same unless changed by the user. In v8 this isn't the case. Can anyone explain to me why the defaults keep changing even though they were set supposedly as defaults. Is there a way in v8 to set them so they will not keep changing (like in v7) This problem has caused a few crashes as the retract hight keeps changing from what I had set as default.

One other question, in v8 after back plotting a tool path I am asked if I want to save parameters to the default file, if I say no to this prompt mastercam crashes every time. I did do search on this, but didn't find anything specific to this question. Thanks for any help.

Bill,

When you change the mc8 defaults there should be a promp that asks if you want to overwrite the old file. If this doesn't appear then your defaults will not change. I have noticed that m/c will, at times, not show this promp even though changes were made therefore will not save changes. In other more bizzare cases the mis department set securities so tight on all directories, including m/c, that no overrights were allowed. You gotta love mis frown.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Toby, we shoud get together and commiserate (sp?) sometime. Our MIS has stuff locked down pretty tight too. I think I'm a bit smarter than they are though. I find my way around things that are critical to me pretty easily most of the time. It just takes some thinking, and it doesn't hurt that I had a network at home that I was able to play with up until a few weeks ago either. Heh, heh, heh. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif