Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new computer

kinglouie V

Finally got the new puter and having fun setting up from scratch again. good practice I guess. Anyway, I noticed that the cimco editor takes a whole minute to come up no matter what. That's got me baffled. I'm running XP pro and this is a pentium4 with 1.5 gig hard drive and a gig of ram. the vid card is an ati recommended my cnc software. what could possibly cause cimco to initalize so slooow?? confused.gif

quote:

are you sure you dont mean 1.5 ghz cpu

yeah that's what I meant. The boss went all out to get me the best one specified on cnc website.

I got a decent vid card. No complaints. Almost like getting a raise. Latest MC Latest SW new computer and the latest Win OS. biggrin.gif Truly a setup fit for a King. tongue.gif

quote:

disable NC-Base.

Thanks Tom I really wanted to keep the cimco as my editor.

Actually, the one I have now is a 3.4 gig processor and 10 gig hardrive with a gig of ram.

this rascal rocks.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name RRP3

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model hp workstation xw4200

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3400 Mhz

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3400 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 786C3 v01.09, 6/24/2005

SMBIOS Version 2.3

Windows Directory C:WINDOWS

System Directory C:WINDOWSsystem32

Boot Device DeviceHarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"

Time Zone Central Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 1,024.50 MB

Available Physical Memory 729.20 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 2.40 GB

Page File C:pagefile.sys

it's all good bro. I don't spend too much time worryin' about the computer as long as it works.

I still can't get the cimco to come faster. I looked for the nc-base disable but it's like the preverbial snake that bit me.

'bout the hard drive, I think I misread that too. It's actually 150 gig. These machines have come a long way since I've started using them in the 80's.

cheers.gif

Please forgive my ignorance, I can't find what you're talking about. this is what I see in the set up.

Tom, thanks for your call. Looks like we're looking at two different versions of the cimco. Mine being the oldest. Don't understand that since it got installed fresh from mcx/mc9 cd. anyway I'm looking for the nc-base disable and it seems it's hidden away somewhere different than with Tom's version. Anyone know where else to look?

cimco.jpg

Highest probability is that this is a permissions issue. CIMCO Edit "needs" the ability to update config files in the install directory and/or sub directories. If you do not have "write" permissions it can cause a significant delay - such as the one you are experiencing. Please contact your system adminstrator and ask for read/write privileges for the entire MCAM directory or at least the CommonEditors sub. Let us know how you fare.