Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Printing from mcamx editor

PBpaul

Using mcamx editor to view an NC file. On my screen, X & Y moves are in one color, Z in another, feeds in another, and so forth. Pretty cool except, when I print, it all comes out black even though I am using a color inkjet printer. I thought it might be a printer setting but same NC file printed with Cimco works fine. Any ideas?

Thanks- Paul

I can't find a button for it Paul. In Cimco you can turn the color printing on and off. I still prefer the functionality of Cimco to the X editor. I do like the way the X editor automatically renumbers the whole program when you add multiple lines. My Cimco only does it for a single line and only then because I number by 2's. I also cannot find the things like block setup for X editor. I use a lot of macros with GOTO and With and Then and # etc. and they won't work if there is a block number in front of them. I love X but not the new editor.

If you have MCX Editor open with a file. Go to page set up and under preferences make sure it is set up to print in color.

Don't know if this will do it but it is the obvious one.

HTH

I'm set to print in color for sure. Cimco prints in color but I still cannot get mcamx editor to print in color. I did find a screen that lets me pick what colors I want for whatever and that works on the screen but all my printouts are B&W. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks- Paul