Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Invalid Tool Definition in X

PBpaul

I converted a V9 tool library called Ginger.TL9 and that seemed to work fine. Then I drew a simple object and tried to create a pocket toolpath. On the Toolpath Parameters Tab, I hit "Select Library Tool" and chose my converted library, which shows up there as Ginger.TOOLS. I pick an endmill and finish up with the Pocketing Parameters Tab and the Roughing/Finishing Parameters Tab. All is well to this point but when I tell it to backplot, I get "Invalid Tool Definition - Backplot will show an invalid Tool." It looks strange, like a flat object that has been twisted about a half a turn. If I pick a tool from the MILL_INCH.TOOLS, on the other hand, it backplots and posts fine. Any ideas out there?

Thanks, Paul

I had that trouble with all of my custom mill tools. I had to reselect their data path for each tool. It also wanted the tools MCX file to be in the same folder as the tool library. After that, all was good. Now all of my custom lathe tools are acting up. I get a tool geometries are invalid alarm when I select the converted tool file. I'm going to check all of my colors now. The wierd thing is, the tool looks fine in the tool manager.

Leif

Leif

Thanks, Leif. This tool looks like a band aid that has been twisted 90 degrees along the long axis. It makes no sense at all. I think the quickest and easiest solution for me will be to add and modify tools in the default library (that does work) and forget about importing for the time being.

Paul