Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V9 to X file issues.

Bruce Caulley

Hello all,

I have a couple of V9 files in X and have noticed that they are not coming in clean. One part had several toolpaths with incorrect chains where an incorrect direction had been taken at an intersection. Another is giving me WCS issues that affect verify and now I have just noticed that 2 operations that are supposed to be in the left hand tool plane, 1 is right hand plane and the other is top. headscratch.gif To make things a bigger pain when I open the planes button and select left for the t and c planes, they are displayed as undefined!!! mad.gif

Has anyone else had problems opening up V9 files in X???

Bruce

Bruce,

I have just started using X, but I have noticed if I have a named WCS selected the standard T and Cplanes don't come up when I try to select them in iso view. I get the, do you want to creat a new view menu with a bunch of light blue work planes. If I change Gview first, eg. Front and then go to ISO, the T and Cplanes seem to be correct relative to the WCS. I may be using the WCS manager wrong, but I can't get it to work the same as in version 9.

Mark