Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCAM X........ problems with engraving

Edson

I am not getting to use the function " ENGRAVIG " in MasterCAM X.

I put the same parameters that it used and they worked in the masterCAM 9.1

But it is not being how it was in the 9.1.

I don't also get to save the files.

To save I have to use the automatic save.

Somebody for giving me a solution for those problems.

Please!!!!!!! banghead.gifcurse.gif

don't get too frustrated man, it'll be allright.

try this. at the top toolbar click create/letters(about 3/4 the way down)type in what you want and choose your position. you can use a custom font(if you want) and choose to "window" your chains to create toolpath.

To save click file/save as. beyond all this you might be having some other problems I can't see.

hope this helps.

good luck.

cheers.gif

Thank you for the help.

Well yesterday I discovered a curious thing created an usinagem with engravim in the mastercam 9.1 where everything worked normal.

I opened that same file in MasterCAM X did the simulation that was perfect.

Now if I create a new usinagem using the same parameters the to arise and to go down of the tool it doesn't happen.

But the to arise and to go down happens in that file that I created in the mastercam 9.1

The function engraving doesn't work how it would owe in the

mastercam x.

If you catch a program with engraving done in the mastercam 9.1 and to execute in the

mastercam x works perfect.

But if you create a new program with engraving in the mastercam x it goes, to know that say.

Engraving in 9 was a real sketchy feature...sometimes it worked great, other times it was just plain screwy and did'nt work at all...problems frequently related to WCS, other problems, frequently related to the price of tea in China. biggrin.gif

I've played with it a little in X, and it looks like it's relatively the same (some german program generates it??).

all I have to say is check your depths in your new program. Maybe the defaults are sending your tool too deep, in which case you get nothing.

m2c