Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coping tool paths

allseeing

When I copy a tool path if I've made speeds and feed changes that vary from the standard speed and feed default settings it will use the default speeds and feeds instead of retaining my changes. Is there a way to get X to maintain my changes when I copy a toolpath. In 9 I could always just copy and reselect my new geometry and go on.

• 3 weeks later...

ME TOO! I have dropped a similar description of this on several posts today. Search my display name to see if anyone dares answer or offer a resolution. I am not comforted that your post is so old and not answered.

If you find anything please drop it on this post and i'll keep watching.

I've found that when making the change, (tool #, offset#'s, feed, speed) to the tooling (in edit tool) that you need to do it after you've imported the tool to your current tools selection (where you select the tool for the operation. Not in the tool manager page where you pull from the libraries.) Then you need to click the tool, after the edit, to make the changes apply to you current operation.

If using the same tool in different operation and you need to change the feed/speed. You can do this, but you can not click or change around tooling with out it defaulting back to the speeds currently set for the tool. You can although create another tool with the same offset #'s and change the feed/speed.