Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX tool libraries back to V9?

MitchD

Is it possible to modify the MCX tool libraries for use in V9? I would like to use the new Kennametal lathe tool libraries in V9 if there is a way to convert them. I am having so many troubles with MCX trying to use VTL I would like to get the tool libraries back into 9 so I can get some work done. ( Yes, I am working with my local support to work out the issues, but they have become more time consuming than the actual work I need to finish ) If I can translate the tools back to V9 it would just save me the time to create all the tools. Thanks for any help

Here is how to do it, I got this from my local MCX support.

In Mastercam X get into your tool manager from the Toolpath Menu > Tool Manager. (You'll need a machine loaded to access this)

In the bottom window where your tools are listed right-click and choose Import/Export Tools > Convert a library to text.

Choose the library you want to convert, then the destination to create the text file (I used the desktop).

In v9, go to NC Utils, Define Tools, Library.

Right-click in the tool list and choose Import/Export Tools > create a library from text. Navigate to the .txt file that you saved and open that.

Choose the destination for your .TL9 tools file and change the name if you want. (ie. C:mcam9lathetools ).