Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why is my toolpath processing so slow?

• 1 month later...

I have a question about hyperthreading. I have turned it in in my DEll Dimension 4700 pentium 4 processor 530 with HT a while back. I'm using Mill9.1 SP2. The task manager shows around 50-54% usage when I am in mastercam. With hyperthreading off it shows 100%. Does this mean that the CPU is only using half of it's capacity and therefore taking twice as long to calculate toolpaths with it on?

When I first turned it on I added 1 more gig of ram to a total of 4 gig and a nvidia quadro fx 1400 video card at the same time so i am not sure how it really affects my performance.

After reading about the issue of temperature I used my infrared temperature senser that plugs into a Fluke meter and checked the temperature at the outlet of the exhaust fan. I was getting about 98 degrees F with mastercam off and Hyperthreading on. I turned hyperthreading off and I was getting about 108 degrees F.

My computer has been working fine lately so I probably shouldn't worrry about it, But I am curious aout how hyperthreading is affecting the toolpath calculations in Mastercam.

By "video issues" what do you mean?

The only other change that I made was to go into setup and set - HDD Accoustic Mode to "performance". (I don't really know what that is for but I thought that I would try it).

My video card is FX 1400. Idon,t know what the difference is betweeen the 1300 & 1400 but "Bulliness", a member of this forum can prababley explane the difference.

I have not seen anything about transparency functions.