Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

1628 Error....X is gone

Tried to install the update to service pack 1 on the schools computers this morning. Got through 16 of them great. The last one I got a "1628 failed to complete installation" I tried reinstalling sp1 and got the same message. I tried the X installation disk to reinstall the entire program and got the same message. Now when i click on the X icon the program wont start and I get some kind of huge error message. X has been rendered totally inoperable on that computer. I did a system restore and that didnt help..

IDEAS?

Thanks

Tom

Thanks,

The computer is about to go out the window. I have tried everything i know to get this to work. I should have just left the thing alone instead of installing the update. It was working fine! Now i have nothing and there is class coming in at 1 p.m.

I cant even reinstall Mastercam V9 now.

I thinnk the problem may have been stopping the update early, but without a confirmation that the software was successfully updated how do you actually know besides to wait for 1/2 hour

quote:

how do you actually know besides to wait for 1/2 hour

Good question headscratch.gif I had to guess on that one myself....

Be careful with regedit and don't get to trigger happy with the delete button....make sure the entries you are deleting are in fact, ones that mastercam made...there are prol 20 or 30 of them...also look for hasp, nethasp, hardlock....you may have to set permissions before you can delete one of the hardlock entries...

Backing up your registry before you start is a good idea...

quote:

I cant even reinstall Mastercam V9 now.

Sure sounds like a nuked registry to me....

But go ahead and delete the Mcamx folder also, just save your drawing files...