Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak user needs help

jnicely

I have just purchased mastercamX for the first time ever. I am currently trying to configure my machines and pc to communicate. I have several mazaks, controllers ranging from M1-fusion640. None of my machines have a DNC I/O option in the data I/O fields. We have been using the Mazak Camware for several years, which utilizes the CMT I/O function on the controller. As far as any other related options go we do have the EIA/ISO programming option. Is there any secret to using the CMT I/O command with mastercam? How should I go about this? If you are a mazak user, you know exactly what kind of optimum support I've recieved from them. Their solution is to sell me more options of course. Anything you guys could do to help would really be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeremy

No none of my controls have two rs232 ports, only one. I know where the dnc i/o button should be, but it simply is not there. Went through and verified all the parameters for the dnc i/o. All were there and input correctly. On one of our turning centers the dnc button is there, once activated we recieve the alarm:option not found. Went into the version on the control, and confirmed we do not have the dnc i/o option.It puzzles me that cmt i/o works for camware yet not for mastercam. Im hoping im making a simple mistake.As far as camware goes, we are still running it today, until mastercam is fully online. We decided to go with mastercam because it is ten times more powerful. The Camware package does not support EIA/ISO, it is conversational only. It is only a 1 1/2 axis cam program, as it is limited by the mazatrol conversational options in the controller. Also Camware does not handle other machine tools, as posts may not be imported.Mazatrol controllers are the only controllers supported in the program.

[ 11-07-2005, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: jnicely ]

Jeremy,

The CMT button is only for Mazatrol programs. You need to use the Tape button to transfer EIA programs. We don't use MC to transfer our programs, we use CIMnet, but I believe you still need to use the tape button. You can use the Tape button for Mazatrol to upload, but the code comes out in a 3 digit format and is almost impossible to read. When it gets downloaded back in the control, it converts back to Mazatrol. Can't really do offline editing this way.

Craig

jnicely,

ItegrexMan is correct. First of all make sure the header of your program does not have the % character. Mazak only wants to see that at the end. If you leave it in the file you will receive nothing. You need to goto data I/O then got your tape functions. From there is it self expanitory. This is for you fushion machine anyway. Not sure what you are going to have to do for the rest.

Joe

quote:

If I am not mistaken the EIA/ISO may have been an option

On M32/T32 and newer, it should be standard. The EIA/ISO conversion output (from mazatrol) is an option. CMT works with Mazatrol and its native output (like Camaix, Griffo, Solutionware, etc.). The same RS port used for CMT can be used for the TAPE I/O. You can output Mazatrol to 3-digit Gcode, but as Integrexman said, its difficult to edit unless you understand the codes.

On Fusion control, the "%" sign can be sparatic for programs. Fusion is Windows operated so it essentially pulls in a file by something similar to "copy and paste" method of Windoze. You don't necessarily need the one at the end for that matter since you can literally drag and drop programs into the Fusion control if its networked.

To start DNC on mazaks is different with each control version so you'll want to check the method of operation from the user manuals (if you have the option installed).

cheers.gif