Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Processor ??????

Steve B.

I have just upgraded to Router 8.1.1 from Mill 6 and was supposed to be able to upgrade my post through the c-hook but it wouldn't without giving me several error's in reading my post and then not letting me look at the log to discover the cause of the errors. Besides I am no post decoder or writer. The machine I run is a Heian 431P with a Fanuc 15-M controler built in 1990 it has 4 router motors and two drill motors, the reason I run all this by you is I see nothing in the Parameters, Tooling or Posting pages that will allow me to call to a specific head a specific tool or Multiple heads. Any sugestions would be a big help.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Steve,

Did you try running the post without running the Uptxt C-Hook?

You may want to try that instead of NC Utils, Post Proc, Run Old.

Press Alt+C search for Uptxt.dll, when it opens up if your post that you want to update is the active post, it will automatically be in the field, otherwise you'll need to select it. Tell it it is a V6 post and it should run.

Hope this helps.

I have tried the above sugestions still no workie.

I think what I am running into is more than a post issue, because the information requested after I chose a contour to cut doesn't ask for or have a place for input of head selection or machine cordinate selection or left side or right side vacuum pump selections.

It might be necessary to reload Mill6 and dump the V8.1.1 upgrade. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Also, consider converting to some of the library posts that ship with router.

From what I hear, CNC worked directly with the manufacturers to build these, so they should work well, and will support all the features of the machines.

What you may end up with is a much better post, as older posts won't include any new features added to the post language (and V6 is how old?).