Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Printing to a network printer from X

MCam Newbie

Greetings all,

Has anyone had problems when printing the graphics screen to a network printer, using Windows 2000? I get multiple pages with a single line of alpha numeric and control characters printed along the edge. Other apps. print normally, like Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader. Site uses Windows networking capabilities. Mostly Windows 2000 and NT comps. on LAN. I know this is pretty general information, just feeling out other users as a starting point.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks

i was helped by john on the forum when i was having problems with blank pages.he said to print

from the print preview menu.it worked for me.i am not sure if this is the same problem you are having.

del

I tried this, Del, and what do you know, it worked! So, yes, we did have the same problem, and I thank you for your timely assistance. I got your reply shortly after you posted it, and tried to respond this morning, but just as I clicked "add reply" the forum went off line for routine upkeep.

(John really gets around. Is there anyone in this forum who has NOT gotten an assist from John at one time or another? I think probably not.)

I know he has gone way out of his way to help me in the past, giving freely of his experience and extreme expertise with MasterCam, asking nothing in return. This after I had only just started reading and using this forum, a "Virgin Mastercamist". He is quite a guy in that regard, I hope to be able to meet him some day in the near future.

He and others like him are what make this forum the invaluable resource it is. There is so much knowledge offered here at EMastercam, I spend hours browsing old posts, even kicking in a reply now and again, if I think I can offer help to someone. Just as you did for me. Seems everyone can contribute something, even us newbies!

Thanks again, Del, and welcome to, IMHO, the best MasterCam user forum in existance, bar none!

I'm having some problems printing on a network printer also. I printed one copy succesfully then I had to rotate my part 180°. After I rotated it I tried to print it and the first copy came out blank. I have to print it to an 11"x17" sheet so I have to change the sheet size every time. As soon as I hit the print preview button Mastercam crashes. Any ideas anyone?

try going to your printers on your computer

select the printer you are using

file

printing preferences

paper size (11 x17)

orientation (landscape)

apply

ok

print from print preview in x

this works for me.ihope it helps you.

del