Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Strange error message in X

Jim at Gentex

I have 2 MC9 files for 2 mirror image parts I had previously machined which I wanted to move to X and make another set of parts. Both files have toolpaths associated which consist of several contours and a few 5 axis swarf cuts. I opened them in X and saved them both as mcx files without incident.

Here's the problem:

I regenerated the toolpaths from the first file in X and posted them to make sure the newly posted nc files matched the previous nc files posted from version 9. The first file worked flawlessly, but the second one gave me a problem. When I try to regen the toolpaths in the second file, I get the error message:

'5 axis option not available. Contact your Mastercam reseller.' I am completely stumped as to why one file would regen and post flawlessly, but the other won't. I do have Mill Level 3, so I think this error message is quite unusual.

headscratch.gif

Any ideas out there????????...

Jim,

5-axis toolpath generation is now an add-on controlled by your SIM. All V9 customers who went to X got "grandfathered in" and got it for free.

Run HaspX.Exe (or NHaspX.Exe if you're using a NetHASP) and verify the status of the 5-axis addon. Are you running on a NetHASP? Perhaps all the licenses for it were locked out when you try to run the 2nd time.

I tried opening other MC9 files with 5 axis toolpaths and get the same message when I try to regen them in X.

I will e-mail my reseller today to see if they might have an idea. In the meantime, I can still use my previous nc files for this job because I know they're good. I just wanted to compare the posted code to what I get from X to see if there are any differences. I may run into a problem though if something needs to be changed in one of these files and I can't regen the toolpaths.

Also worthy to note, I can regenerate and post the clean 5 axis toolpaths in these files, but not the dirty ones.

headscratch.gif

If anyone has anything else to add here to solve this problem I would appreciate it. biggrin.gif

OK, I contacted my reseller and got it straightened out. I recently got my permanent code for my new hasp and for some reason it wouldn't read the segment of the code that authorizes 5 axis use. I was issued a new hasp code and all is well. biggrin.gif

Kudos to Mike and the Prism Engineering Support staff for resolving this issue quickly! cheers.gif