Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Axis windup

PeterM

Ok, here's a post question, when transforming - rotating a toolpath. typically drilling holes around a part I get axis windup, a0 becomes a360, a720 etc. This windup carries thru subsequent tools, although the positions are technically correct, this is confusing to the operators. Is there a way to force a reset for each toolchange.

Using 9.1 mr0105, X sp1 update3

Look for this switch in your post and set it to 1

=================================================

one_rev : 1 #Limit rotary indexing between 0 and 360? (0 = No, 1 = Yes)

==================================================

I like most things about the mpmaster post, however there are a couple of annoying things that I haven't taken the time to sort out. One when posting miltiple toolpaths with the same tool, starting values are repeated over and over in the program, also quotes are too skimpy. so for quick and dirty, simple little programs I like the haas post, for now anyway.

Your X installation should have included a Generic Haas 4X Mill machine def, control def and post. If you open the post in an editor and set force_index to yes$, the resulting output will stay between 0-360 degrees for drilling and toolplan positioning work:

force_index : yes$ #Force rotary output to index mode when tool plane positioning with a full rotary

In addition, the post resets the windup by default as frc_cinit is set to yes$ by default:

frc_cinit : yes$ #Force C axis reset at toolchange

BTW, I added a seperate rigid tapping cycle to the post for MR1/SP2 as requested.