Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Use bar puller for multi parts

marvin

My company just bought a used cnc lathe without bar feeder , but they want me to program to run production simple parts by using bar puller, I'm not familar with cnc lahte fanuc control so any CNC master in here please help

here are stock and parts they want to be done: stock 1.625 x 36 inches

parts : 1.600 Dia .500 thickness , drill+ tap thru 10x1.5 mm center , what's is basicly to program for this if i use barpuller. thank you

Marvin,

When using a bar puller depending on the type, you generally cutoff you part, stop the spindle, lock it if this is an option available, move the bar puller into postion to grab the bar, move over the bar in G94 mode,(I think), you need the IPM instead of IPR since the spindle will not be turning and you'll still need movement. Unlock the spindle, move the bar puller out, lock the spindle, retract the bar pull.

Go to tool change position and run the program.

Tough to code it here not knowing your particular control but something along the lines of

M05 (STOP SPINDLE)

G94 (IPM)

M16 (Lock)

G00 G90 X2.5 Z-1.0(RAPID TO POSITION)

G01 X0. F50.(FEED OVER BAR)

M11(unlock)

G01 Z.25 F50.(PULL BAR OUT)

G04 P2000(DWELL)

M12(lock)

G00 X2.0(RAPID OFF BAR)

G00 (tool change postion)

Your M codes may be slightly different. Don't forget to go back to IPR mode too>

HTH

Also, this will be easier if you are using a collet for work holding, if you are using a chuck make certain you set your jaws so they open just enough to let the stock loose, otherwise you'll find you will have a hard time controlling the stock when the chuck opens.

If you know how many pieces you will get from each bar, you could set up your program like a sub and repeat it a set number of times.

O5674; (sub -program)

M98 P2345 L50; (calls main prog, repeats 50 times)

M30;

Just make sure you actual program has an M99 at the end of it instead of an M30.

On our Mori, 1990, we use an expanding split sleeve on the turret to pull stock. In this case you have to use Z2.0 to get puller off of stock after pull.

In the case above you would be using a puller with 2 fingers and would pull off in the X direction.

For multiple parts we use a short main program with a counter in it and call up the main program for the part and puller:

o100 (This progam number)

N100 G20

N102 M98 P0020101 (where 0029 is repetitions and 0101 is the part program number )

N156 M30