Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

First Thread Mill

tsewyek

Good Morning Everyone, I've just posted an 1 1/2 NPT internal thread and I don't see anything in the output that resembles the pitch in a feed rate or any where else. Going to run this on a Mori SH-40 w/Fanuc control, if I recall correctly the post is based on the MPmaster from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The Thread Mill Parameters page contains the following

No. Active Teeth 17

Thread Depth -.8

Thread Pitch .08695

Thread Start Angle 180

Taper Angle 1.7899

ID Thread is checked

Major Thread Dia. 1.9

Bottom to Top is checked

In the Tool Definition it is an "Undefined" Tool with an 1.500 Dia. 2547 RPM and 30 IPM.

Thank You in Advance

The feedrate does not have anything to do with the pitch.

The pitch of your thread is determined by the pitch setting on the threadmill parameters page and the actual pitch of the threadmill itself. The only way from the code you should have an idea is the actiual amount of the Z helical move.