Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coms between Cimco and Fanuc 10 T

Zoeper

Getting there! biggrin.gif

Sort of got it going finaly!

Played around with port settings some more.

then got half the file over with buffer overflow error. used 10ms between lines-got more over, same error

used 20 ms and transferred the lot!

Problem is the first couple of lines are missing.

This is how i did it:

Goto (directory page) and enter[O1][insert]

goto(program memory)page [read][1 program][add]

Just before i hit the [add] button i press send on the pc and off it goes!

Does anyone have any ideas about the 1st 3 lines??

try slowing your baud rate down. overflow errors and crashes after start of send usually are caused by buad rate being set faster than what machine can handle recieving at... I know your only at 4800 now and thats not extremely fast but you might try lower for hell of it and see what result you get,... HTH

Hi,

#1 Make sure pins 6,8,20 are jumpered on the control side of your cable.

#2 If you are using com1 or 2 goto your computers settings for control panel, system, hardware, device manager, Ports(COM&LPT), Port Settings, Advanced and UNCHECK the Use FIFO buffers.

#3 Check parameters 5110 to 5112 set them to 3,2,11 respectively for 2 stop bits and 9600 baud. 19.2 is pushing it for a 10T vintage controller regardless of the cable length. ISO code which is 7 data bits and even parity will work fine for this machine.

Sincerely,

John Carpenter

www.WireFreeCNC.com

Your welcome Pieter -

I've spent about 15 years connecting CNC machines to computers one way or another and am having a good time running a company to do it WireFree. The project started while I was working for MACDAC Engineering (New England resellers of MasterCAM) and when the previous owner passed the battalion to the up and coming generation - I opted to branch out on my own and start CNC Computer Integration. It was a good move and I still keep in touch with many of the resellers in the MCAM channel.

Sincerely,

John Carpenter

www.WireFreeCNC.com