Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jumping from version 7.2 Mill to version X

MURRAY MACHINE

Hello, newbie to the board here. I have been using MC for ten years and i'm having trouble with the jump into version X.

I have version 9 but never really used it that much and most of my files are saved in version 7.2

The problem i'm having is getting my mc7 files into version X.

I used the "import directory" function and copied all of my folders from 7.2 to X but it only copied DWG files .

I then copied all my files into version nine and then tried the same thing from version 9 to version X and still no luck.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum

cheers.gif

There is a known issue with bringing in V7 files, it crashes X.

I think the work around being used by most is to bring them into v9 and then into X.

I do not know if this has been addressed in the upcoming release of MR1

EDIT:

Here's a link to the first problem

Linky

[ 01-09-2006, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: jmparis ]

WELCOME to the forum. cheers.gif

If you go to file open and then at the bottom in the file type window select *.mc7 files you should then be able to browse out to where your files are or were stored and pull them in. I have been doing this with 8,9 files with no problems. HTH

I did not know there was a problem with version 7. As John said bring them into 9 save as a 9 and then follow the proceedure above.