Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Extract embedded bitmaps from Mastercam v9

fastercam

We have a part that needs tooling built for it and it's similar in design to another part that we created about a year ago. The problem is, we can't seem to recall what the part number was that we created in the past. headscratch.gif Our directory structure is such that it would be rather time consuming to look at the bitmap images that are stored within each of the Mastercam files.

What we'd like to be able to do is extract the embedded bitmap files into an empty folder and have them named the same as the Mastercam file they've been extracted from. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks!

• 9 months later...

Mostly on new parts where we have something similar and I have to find it to do a quote or program a similar part. I can usually get pretty close, but it's still a PITA.

My problem is directory structure. I've got seperate folders for MC9 files depending on the customer, part type (housing, cover etc) and partial part numbers. This structure is incorporated into my setup sheets, posts etc, and has seperate locations for MC9, NCF, Setup Sheets, and CAD files.

Inside the CAM Files directory, under one customer, I might have something like this:

code:

'+---CAM Files MC9

' +---Customer Name

' +---Covers

' +---680-001 (1 files)

' +---680-002 (5 files)

' +---680-003 (5 files)

' +---680-009 (8 files)

' +---682-005 (2 files)

' +---682-006 (1 files)

' +---Heatsinks

' +---1584 (10 files)

' +---Housings

' +---680-001 (5 files)

' +---680-002 (5 files)

' +---680-003 (2 files)

' +---680-009 (2 files)

' +---682-005 (8 files)

' +---Vibe Fixtures

' +---660-001 (1 file)

We do lots of different parts, and right now I've got several hundred folders to look in to find something. (That's just one customer)