Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

are there anyone using this machine with Mastercam?

Yogesh K. Raman

I've got a customer who want to use X with this machine:

item_lm_5000mill.jpg

Its only used for finishing. Its used for parallel cuts only as it cannot take G02/G03.

They had a previous obselete software that posted out CNC codes with the sequence number being a function of stepover. So that if they had any mishaps they could paste back the clay and easily look for it and start at the problem sequence.

Is it possible for me to adjust the post so that the codes generate with the sequence number being a function of stepover? Where do I start?

Thanks in advace.

I'll be on a one week leave, so can't wait to see what you guys have to say....

I don't see why not. As far as linear coding, all that should be needed is to set the post (and control def) to not output arcs.

The sequence (if I remember right) also has a setting in control def. Only thing is you may have to modify the post to be able to output higher values than 4 digits for the sequence number. Some controls will also use decimal values for numbers ( like "N1132.4435" ). This allows for more number combinations and ability to "tag" your sequences for easier searching.

Not sure if this can apply to that type of machine though, haven't programmed one of those yet.

HTH

cheers.gif