Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hurco VMXS 24 Good,Bad?

Mill

Can it be run at 15,000 the max rpm?

Do you have there adaptive surface finish software in the controller?

If so can you basically program rapid and the software will keep the machine from destroying itself while giving you the best finish?

Do you cut hard S-7 and carbon in it?

Did you buy there Dust collection system?

or your own?

If your own who,what where?! tongue.gif

Thanks

Tony

We got a new VMX30 about 4 months ago, it has the 10,000 rpm spindle. The spindle is cooled by the coolant system around the spindle so if cutting without flush the spindle gets a little warm. This spindle is also belt driven and gets kinda loud at full speed. I would take a trip to Indy if they have one on their floor with a 15,000 spindle in it.

Most hard milling and graphite we try to keep in our makino SNC64. The machine movements are much improved over our other hurcos.

The best thing about a hurco is their conversational programing. We don't have to program everything in mastercam because everyone in the shop can program holes, 2D, and even simple 3D. Then if we have to run gcode it will do that too.

If you are just going to cut hard steel and graphite you might be disappointed. But if you need an all around mill there great for the price.

Carl

[ 02-28-2006, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Carl Hessig from Nypro Kentucky ]

quote:

Can it be run at 15,000 the max rpm?

yes all day long. right now its been running about 36 hours at 12000 rpms with out a problem. most of our molds are s-7, h13 and p20 ive cut some plastic and graphite once(big mess)

small steps high feed rate will give a nice finish . we dont have a dust colector on it, the coolent ring around the spindle is nice but drips a lot after a run you'll get ust to that

i work at a.t.p. in monticello ia what part of ill. are you from.

James

The wear comp.issue is a Hurco software bug.

I am using VS. 2.32.11c/2.01.09i

The build before also had the controller randomlly ignoring the offsets you plugged in.

They have newer builds

but This one works and I

am not going through that again!

(I can send it to you for your friend)

The Hurco is $70,000 the makino $$$

As the row of Tiwanese VMC's grow. rolleyes.gif

Are AGIE holepopper just arrived last week...

Made in China.

Mill,I am about 50 miles West of Chicago

Thanks Everyone

Tony

i should tell you of the problems we've had in the last 1 1/2 years

1 hard drive

1 spindle belt

every now and then errors will just jump out of the blue that know one can explane.

when i left last night it sounded like a barring was going to exsplode in the spindle but this morning it sounds like it did when it was new

headscratch.gif

the conversasonal side of the programing is nice 4 hole dilling and 2d programing and simple stuff like that

when running mastercam on 3d you have to be carefull with the filter tolerants it will start driving in circles all over the place

if you have any ?s fill free to ask

trav

Mill

I know all about the "filter"

I always Run Draw at the controller to catch them.

.0002 in XZ,YZ is usually asking for trouble.

The Belt gets coolant on it then Hardens to goo and then it starts making all that noise

one day and then not the next.

I had service out one day to say

"If this machine made all this noise in the showroom I never would have bought it"

He cleaned the belt and turned it on

No more noise.

Also I had them run air out of the head for cutting hardened steel.It is intergraded into the controller so when you post "Air" or Mist

in MC it kicks out a M7 and the air turns on.

You can have it hooked up to the coolant also to blow out the coolant at the end of a run

(No more dripping) I just stick the air hose into one of the outlets and Blow that stops it from dripping for indicating.

Tony

Carl I don't know how the plumbing on the Hurco is but you could probably plumb a T in where the coolant runs out of the spindle and snake a line back into the tank so you can run your coolant through the head and back to the tank for chilling purposes when you wanna machine dry

C