Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

One more thing about cplanes...

Michael Reynolds

Hi again all!! First of all, I learned an awful lot of useful info last night, THANKS!!!! I learned you can pre define work offsets within the "C plane" manager if you save and edit your cplane. Thats cool!!!

But, I tried to set a cplane in a solid, and it woulddn't let me use the "entity" selector. The only thing that was selectable was the solid itself. Do I have to create lines to use for cplane entity selection?

Thanks again to all of you for your most excellent help and advice!!

Mike R.

well one thought is with the New WCS system is have better contorl and here try this:

bring up one of the saved views like a bottom view and it will bring the view up showing the bottom.

Now right click and click on top.

the part will go back to top.

in the WCS system it will move to the top view but the new top view not the old one.

Now what typ of file would you like from me sir.

Ok mike take a look at my PLAIN TRANNING BLOCK.ZIP it is on the FTP under MC8.

Back blot the tool paths and then try posting it.

with the MPFAN.PST then see that the Z's are from top of each plain then call up the other plains that i saved.

Let me know if this is what you wanted.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Mike,

Here's for me the best example ...

When working with Horizontal Milling Centers, we always have to set-up the Front Tplane and Cplane to get the look and feel of the part sitting on the table and having the tool come from the front view.

With the new WCS feature, you can make the Front view/plane become the Top view/plane by changing the WCS.

This way, you can program everything in Top view and actually be on a HMC.

Hope this example helps!

Luc