Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Autodesk VIZ

Chuck K.

Can Autodesk's VIZ (rendering software, like Form Z) export files to Mastercam?

I would like to be able to create an image in VIZ, and then export this to Mastercam so I can make the part I have designed in VIZ.

I have a little experience with Form Z rendering software, and it can create files which can be posted to be machined. Form Z pushes this point. Yet I don't like Form Z, and I am looking to change to VIZ. The VIZ interface is really nice, but they make no mention of outputing files for CNC fabrication.

I am a new owner of Mastercam X, so keep that in mind as you reply. Also, I have called my Autodesk/VIZ salesman, but haven't gotten a reply.

Thanks for any information you can provide on using VIZ to create CAM files! Chuck

From AutoDesk's web site...

quote:

5. Is Autodesk VIZ 2006 compatible with Autodesk Inventor?

Yes, the Autodesk Inventor® file format is now one of the default file type options in the Import tool with the ability to import both IPT files and IAM files. The Autodesk Inventor import feature now supports materials and texture maps from Autodesk Inventor software.

I'm not really familiar with any Autodesk apps. other thn AutoCad, but Mastercam has a Invertor plugin on their website. so aslong as you can xport the fhe file in the inventor format I would guess you could get it into MasterCam.

Welcome to the forum. cheers.gif

you can save VIZ in many different formats... such as STL and IGES.

Keep in mind that VIZ is not a CAD product and not suited to design parts, it is intended to be used a a visualization and rendering tool. Other then that there are no Rules to the game!

Good luck