Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Back plotting in X

Joeyls319

Morning everyone,

I got a question on backplotting in "X". It may have been touched on before, I don't know and I haven't searched for it.

Here's my question:

When I'm stepping through backplot, the tool backs up if I don't keep stepping. Is there a way to turn that off or something headscratch.gif ?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Joey

I have the same issue with backplotting in X. It drives me nuts.

Now, I am not 100% sure, but I wanna say this only happens in lathe, for me. I am going to be following this thread very closely. biggrin.gif

[ 03-09-2006, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: mross ]

If, I have "Quick Verify" turned on, the tool flickers, but remains in the location it should be.

If, "Quick Verify" is turned off, the tool will move back to the last position it held before the current point.

I double-checked one of my mill files and it was the same...

quote:

I have the same problem, but if I zoom in or something like that it will usually show exactly where the too is.

Yes...you are correct, zooming in closer does move the tool back to the correct position in the backplot.

Roger,

I have tried the "No Front Buffer" option and can tell you that this did not have an impact on my backplotting issue. See below for a visual...

backplotissue.jpg

I am however, pleased that these options are making into the configuration of the software.

Any other ideas? Can you verify if you also have these problems?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I went through all this too, I recieved the same fix that CNC has addressed in this thread and it didnt work for me either.

However I do know what does work...

Im not sure what kind of video cards everyone is running, but my three machines are all Nvidia Quadro's (all different models). What ended up working for me was to disable the "unified back/depth buffer" (same option suggested by CNC) at the video card level instead of for just the mastercam ap.

Still not real happy about having to do this systemwide but it does make backplot behave.

you should be able to find this setting for your card somewhere in the display properties "advanced" tab.

Hope this helps,

Jason.