Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ISO Compliant

Hymen

I'm wondering what the description of an ISO Compliant shop is? I understand ISO Certification in a shop, but whats the description of a ISO Compliant Shop/ job shop specifically.

How many of you are in/own/run a Non-Compliant shop, Compliant Shop, or a Certified Shop?

Compliant means you adhere to the method that would gain you certification. AFAIK, there are no requirements for compliant, brcause no one knows your compliant unless you go thru the formal certification.

Certification means you have spent a lot of $$$ to get your ducks in order and have had a certification firm come in a certify, you do what you say you do.

In my comppany if a firm claims to be comliant it means nothing, they may as well no even bother. You have to go thru and be certified.

Registration and ongoing maintenece has cost. You can be compliant to the a standard without being certified and registered.

If you have significant customers who perform their own audit of your quality system you can be compliant AND have external recognition with a given standard such as ISO 9XXX without actually paying for registration and ongoing costs of maintaining that registration.

For example in addition to our AS9100 approvals, we were audited by the government to ISO 9002. They provided us with a certificate that said we were found to be in compliance. This is not the same as certification by the registrar.

Some customers insist that vendors are registered others do not.

In some markets having the ISO logo with your registration number on your letterhead is good for marketing.

Although quality systems are important, as a customer, registration means little to me.