Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Corrupt or invalid file

barbill

Hello, The computer locked up but managed to save the file iwas working on,turned off then on again went to get the file and got the error corrupt or invalid file and now cannot open file. when i look at it in explorer it looks as though the data is there. Question,is there anyway this file can be recovered? thank you. :bandhead:

I've had this before. Do you have autosave, to a separate file, on?

I found if the error was showing up in mill I could sometimes open the file OK in design or lathe, re-save and then mill would open it again.

Hopefully you will be as lucky.

Depending on how often you save, you could get back a fair amount of your file using the "Salvage" option in Windows Explorer. Right click on the folder that your file is in and select salvage, it will give you a list of all the previous saves, then click on the last one and have it salvage that file. It will ask you for a file name call it something other than your original file and remember to give it an extention ie. .MC9. It will salvage that file to what ever folder it was originally in. Hopefully this works for you.