Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

peek

horry

hi guys

i just wanna tell you , how helpful this forum is for me in the past.i am one of the silent readers, who gets a lot of good advice here.thx

anyway, i do have a question about a plastic material I never heard of before.its called peek (polyetheretherketone). does anyone know that? and if so, what machining characteristics does it have?is it like abs or more like ultem?

ps. sorry, for my horrible english

I cut a lot of peek here. Not really anything to be concerned about. The biggest problem is chip that is stringy and tends to wrap on the part. May need an M0 (stop)or 2 to clear chips. Our parts typically start on the lathe where I will face and turn, od groove, drill with an end mill and finish bore. Our biggest learning curve was that on our parts we have wall thicknesses of as little as .010". You cannot rough and then finish that. I take one pass groove cuts to finish wall thicknesses then remove the material between the walls. By the way what part of CA are you in ?