Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC won't allow GOTO, how do I start in middle?

PGW Steve

I did the obligatory search and couldn't find anything that helps.

I'm using the CIMCO DNC on a HAAS and would like to know if it is possible to start at a tool change part way through the program. The HAAS spits out a "command not allowed due to DNC restrictions" or something.

ON our Mori's with DNC Max, I can start the first couple of lines, safety block and such, then I can just hit N6 and search it'will read thru the program ubtil it hits the N6 and it will start from there. There is no way to just "Jump" ahead, you have to let it read thru, or delete everything up to the point you need, save a s a different file anme and just start from there and when your done use the complete program for a complete part.

quote:

"command not allowed due to DNC restrictions"

Cimco DNC allows the users to send the file in an specific point, but must be configured properly. Get in touch with your Cimco resseler or Cimco DK or even with IT gyus to solve this question for you.

PGW Steve,

I agree with Watcher. Cimco DNC will allow you to send a file from anywhere you want but it must be setup correctly. Contact your Cimco representative. One of the first things they will likely ask you is if you're using the latest release for the software. Are you using Cimco V4 or V5 DNC-Max? If it's V4, the last release number is 4.40.10. If V5 then the latest release is 5.10.30. Select the Help-About menu to find out what release number you're using. HTH cheers.gif

Steve,

In DNC-Max, under Port config --> Remote request --> Remote Start/Stop, you can enable to start file from line number/block number/tool number and loop count.

If you are doing manual Send/Receive, use Send File Advanced, then select your choice from "Send from" drop down. You can also paste safety codes in the window there.

Please contact our tech support if you have any question: 519-658-1471 or [email protected]