Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change at point not sticking

Zoober

I have searched, but cant't seem to find an answer to our problem.

One of our programmers likes to use change at point to create notes at certain holes, then copy/paste for spot, drill,tap ops.

The problem is, generally we can't edit the notes without deleting and/or re-selecting the points.

The edit of the manual entry done in "change at point" always reverts back to the original entry. Canned text is the same way. We can't even remove the check marks - they always re-appear. The change LOOKS like it is being made, the op is dirty and needs to be re-gen, but if we go back in, the change did not stick.

This happens even if there is no copy/paste done.

I was able to make it happen on two of our seats, so I don't think it's isolated to his PC.

Has anyone else had this problem? banghead.gif

Zoober-

I'm able to "change at point" and add a comment. This comment does appear correctly in my code. I can also edit the comment and chage it to something different. This change also appears correctly in the code. is this what does not work for you?

I'm running a beta version of MR2. I'll find someone here that's running MR1 to see if the problem occurs there.

I just tried it in MR1, and it worked there too. Do you have a file you can e-mail to [email protected]?

Yes, that is what is happening. I can enter a comment, it posts correctly. But, if I want to change it (alter "change at point") , the change does not stay. It reverts to the first "change at point". Posted code also shows no change.

I am running MR1

Thanks!

Zoober-

I think I've got it narrowed down to the fact that your drill points are Solids based. The testing I did was from wireframe points, which is why it worked.

I got the same results that you're getting with your file. So I created a simple solid block with extruded cut holes, and used the solid to select my drill points. I was able to repeat your problem.

I'll log this as a bug. I did notice that your file does include edge curves where all the drill holes are. You could use the wireframe instead of the solid to select your drill holes, and you'd be able to use the change at point command.

Let me know if that works for you. And thanks for finding this!